YES!!!! I felt like I won the lottery when one night, out of a dream I felt like I finally found the answer to what my heart has been waiting for...no not true love (I already got that, remember????), my dream job. Finally I figured it out...here is the secret to finding your dream job, which is the same process that has taken me years and years to finally realized it:
1. What is it that makes you happy
Think back to a time in your childhood...the part that you remember being the happiest.
2. What did you use to do a lot of when you were a kid that makes you happy.
3. Understand your personality trait. Do not lie to yourself. Dig very deep, and the answer may not be very apparent at first, but if you really listen to your heart, you will find the answer within.
4. Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert, or Both?
Introverts don't really like to be around other people, so home businesses might be best for you. But they are also not always self motivators, so running a biz by yourself might not be ideal. So you might want to partner up with a trusted friend/family.
Extroverts are usually self motivators and they love to be around other people...so maybe a home business is not the best idea for you because you need to be around other colleagues. But maybe you could partner up with an Introverted person and run the sales part while they do the business and paperwork part...hmmm...this is a thought!!
If you are both an introvert and an extrovert, then you have the best of both worlds...but sometimes the dual personality can conflict one another. Plus you don't always control which personality is more dominant at a certain time.
5. What are you good at?
6. What do you enjoy doing (with your free time)?
7. What do you enjoy doing that you don't consider to be a chore?
8. Is what you do special, can everybody do what you do?
9. Do you deserve to be happy?
These are some of the questions that I used to constantly contemplate to get to where I am today. Just remember, you can ANYTHING that you put your heart and head to! That is the secret to success. Never doubt yourself! Don't just believe you can do something...but know that you can make it happen (if you want it bad enough). So the true secret to success is knowing yourself better and making a conscious decision that you will make it happen. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
March 03, 2011